- Introduction to food safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Food Poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Safe handling and the storage of food
- Personal hygiene
- Food pests and pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at learners working in a catering environment in low-risk roles but where there is an element of food handling. This could include bar workers, waiting staff, health care workers, kitchen porters and stock/store room staff.
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification, learners should expect to undertake 4 hours of learning.
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.