Option 1: CIEH Level 2 Award for Health & Safety in the Workplace
Option 2: CIEH Level 2 Award for Health & Safety in the Workplace Refresher
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks
The CIEH Health and Safety Level 2 course is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. This qualification can be tailored to business and individual needs to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose.
Typically the Syllabus includes the following subjects:
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
Ofqual Qualification Number 501/0710/0
1 Day Course (6 hours). The refresher programme is delivered over half a day (3 hours)
Successful candidates will receive a certificate awarded by CIEH upon course completion. Suggested progression to Level 3 Award for Health & Safety in the Workplace.
Health and Safety in Care Homes. This is a copy of the updated guidance for health and safety in Care Homes HSG220 from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).