The Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management is a qualification aimed at all those responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving of food in the catering/manufacturing industries.
Learners gaining this qualification will know and be able to apply the knowledge relating to the control of food ingredients, including allergens, at all stages of food purchase and production. They will understand the process for ensuring that accurate ingredient information is available for consumers at point of sale and service and the importance of communication at all stages
This topics covered within this course are regarded by the Food Standards Agency as being important to maintain good practice for the production of safe food.
- The different roles in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed.
- Common allergens and intolerances
- Procedures relating to the accurate communication of ingredient information from supplier to customer.
- Hygiene considerations with regard to allergen and ingredient control.
- Procedures relating to the control of contamination and cross-contamination of allergenic ingredients.
This course is a blended course delivered over training 1day (8hours) and distance learning of 2 hours based around the learner workbook.
Successful candidates will be awarded with a certificate from Highfield.
Suggested progression: Level 3 Food Safety Supervision/ Level 4 Managing Food Safety.