Option 1: Level 1 Food Safety in Catering/Manufacturing or Retail
Option 2: Level 2 Food Safety in Catering/Manufacturing or Retail
Option 3: Level 1 & 2 Food Safety Refreshers
These qualifications have been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments and meet the National Occupational Standards. The CIEH Level 1&2 Awards in Food Safety provide a flexible syllabus which enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs.
Who needs these qualifications?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled, including:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants
- Supermarkets and retail environments
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Care homes
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
- Courses will be modified dependant on the specific course chosen
This course is delivered over 1 day (6 hours). The Refresher course is delivered over half day (3 hours).
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate by the CIEH/HIGHFIELD depending on the course taken.
For food safety training dates please see our Facebook page.