Each year, people die or are seriously injured as a result of fire in the workplace. Fire can cost businesses vast amounts of money, sometimes causing them to close permanently. It is vital for businesses to ensure that their premises meet fire safety regulations, while ensuring all employees and visitors know what action to take in the event of fire.
New HABC Level 1 Fire Safety qualifications have been launched to help organisations meet their duties under current fire safety legislation, and protect both people and premises from fire. Apple Safety Services offers HABC, Ofqual accredited level 1 award in Fire Safety which is great value all year round.
The HABC Level 1 Fire Safety course provides essential knowledge about fire safety and helps candidates to understand how to prevent fires from starting, as well as what actions to take if a fire does break out.
Typically the Syllabus includes the following subjects:
- Main causes and effects of fires in the workplace
- Duties and responsibilities (of employers, employees and fire wardens)
- Procedures in the event of a fire
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
- Fire prevention measures
- Fire risk management, including risk assessment
- The fire triangle
- Fire risk control measures (active and passive)
- Reporting fire safety issues
- Portable fire-fighting equipment
- Simple checks of portable fire-fighting equipment
3 hours plus multiple choice exam
Ofqual Regulated :Yes
Ofqual Number : 501/0341/6
Successful candidates will receive a certificate awarded by the HABC. Suggested progression is on to the level 2 HABC Fire Safety course.