Option 1: First Aid at Work
Option 2: First Aid at Work Re-qualification
Course Description – Option 1: First Aid at Work
An approved three day course that meets the current Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981- more information on this here. This course is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74 for qualifying First Aid personnel in the workplace. This course will provide students with in-depth information and skills on how to provide effective treatment and care to a person, or persons that become ill or injured whilst at work. The programme has a large emphasis on practical application of the skills learnt and ample opportunity is provided for hands-on practice in a relaxed, low stress environment. Blended learning and e-learning options of the First Aid at Work qualification are going to be available soon, please speak to our sales team for more information on this.
Course Description – Option 2: Re-qualification
Re-qualification is only available to students who have previously attended a full, three day First Aid at Work programme. The course instructor will need to be supplied with a copy of the previous certificate prior to attending the re-qualification programme. This certificate can be one supplied by any approved supplier of First Aid at Work and should contain the providers approval number. The certificate must either be current or not have expired in excess of 30 days prior to re-qualification start date.
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding
- The ability to recognise and treat a patient in shock
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work
- Students will also learn to provide care for patients who have:
- suffered a burn or scald
- injured bones, muscles or joints
- been poisoned by ingestion or inhalation of a substance or gas
- suffered an injury to the eye
- signs & symptoms of a major illness e.g. heart attack
This course is delivered over 3 days (18 hours). The re-qualification course is delivered over 2 days (12 hours).
Successful candidates will be awarded a plastic qualification card on completion and receive a A4 certificate awarded by HIGHFIELD or WorkSafe Training Systems depending on the course taken. Don`t leave your First Aid to chance book with the First Aid professionals today! Call us on 01270 258403 or email us at email@example.com.
Please follow this link to our Facebook page for updated course dates for 2016.