Option 1: HABC Emergency First Aid at Work
Option 2: Worksafe Emergency First at Work
Option 3: Basic Life Support
These programmes consist of one day’s training in Emergency First Aid Procedures designed to give the student a basic knowledge for providing first aid within the workplace. These courses are approved by the Health & Safety Executive and is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74 for training of candidates in first aid for low risk environments.
The HABC course is also Ofqual regulated- an important guarantee of training quality.
Course Content – Emergency First Aid at Work
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- Recognition of common childhood complaints and illnesses and appropriate care.
- Developing an effective emergency plan for when emergencies occur.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident in the workplace/care setting.
Course Content – Basic Life Support
WorkSafe Basic Life Support focuses on initial, time critical care for life threatening situations including dealing with someone who has stopped breathing, is bleeding severely or has become unconscious. Information will also be presented on the Chain of Survival concept to identify that prompt, effective actions can greatly increase the chance of survival. Our BLS meets with the recommendations for training an ‘Appointed Person’ in basic first aid skills as detailed in the HSE Approved Code of Practice L74.
This course is delivered over 6 hours.
The Basic Life Support is delivered over 3 hours.
Successful candidates will be awarded a qualification card on course completion and will also receive a certificate awarded by the HABC or Worksafe, dependent on course attended. Refresher certificates will also be awarded upon completion.
Please have a look at out Facebook page for updated course dates for 2016.